Thursday 1 February 2018

Back With a Transition

Hello Glamlushers!

Happy  New Year!

Im glad to finally be able to post on the blog again. My, my, things have changed. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am transitioning back to natural.

I relaxed for school because it was more hectic than I could describe y'all. With my length and attention the tresses and books needed, I COULD NOT KEEP UP. Also I was ready for a change as I felt stuck in my hair journey and just needed a release. It was never meant to be permanent as I would go back to natural and start a new hair journey as soon as I was ready to. I think I suck at taking care of relaxed hair lol. But seriously speaking, I went through such a hectic time with the bar exam so I hardly had time to even take care of my relaxed hair properly. Despite the tough time, It was a good experience for growth and mental strength, not to mention it sharpened my legal knowledge, so im glad I went through it!

May 23, 2017 was my last relaxer, and I am 8 months and some days into my transition.

I love the coils springing up! The hair was getting hard to manage so I trimmed off close to 3 inches. I had some breakage in the centre of my head due to the two textures. My sis said I was practically natural there. So the trim was also to even that up. You can see the breakage in this pic below;

This is what my hair looks like shorter. Im not used to it.


My strategy with this transition is to stimulate growth, whilst protective styling and deep conditioning regularly. I have some peppermint and lavender essential oil  stocked up. I also got these cute braids im really obsessed with. Going on week three with them.
My routine is pretty simple: moisturise with braid spray every other day. Oil scalp every other day and wash every week.

More to come soon.

xx
BEE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Feel free to drop a comment.