Sunday 16 December 2018

The Glamlush Fro of Late

Hi Glamlushers!

Been a hot minute. Im back with an update on my hair.

Last time I posted about it. I was transitioning. And my transition to natural is just about complete. However in November I got some heat damage at a salon!! So my hair is a looser 3c-ish kind of curl. I am dissappointed as I was ready to have my naps back. Now it seems like I have to continue with the transition till my hair is back to normal. I blame the damage on both myself and the hairdresser. I did not get a protein treatment before blowing out my hair and although I did use heat protectant, the heat was too high.


This is how it looks now


My hair people are saying it's not too bad. In all honesty, it's not as bad as other cases of heat damage that I have seen. Some videos i've been watching on youtube said my hair could possibly recover within 3 to 6  months. Im not too sure and would have to watch and see. A trim is in order and needless to say im now staying away from heat till my hair recovers/grows out. At least I still have some sort of curl lol.

Lengthwise im grazing shoulder length again!! When I compare the shrinkage at the back of my head to my length check I can see that the damage is not as bad at the back. It's the front that needs some work.



These are the hairstyles I have been doing for the past three months. From top to bottom. Cornrows, twists and braids and a faux braided bun that I am absolutely in love with!!



Right now im currently wigging in this baby
 Since im trying to recover from the heat damage and get my hair in better form, I bought a whole lot of products that I will show you in my next post. 
Hopefully I wont be gone for too long again. Till next time, this is the glamlush fro of late!!

What's going on with your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Feel free to drop a comment.