So let me start off this week's posting with a with a run down of my last 2 wash days. Last week and this week's.
Sunday 31 August 2014
It had been over a month since I did a strong protein treatment so I whipped out the ORS Hair Mayonnaise for a protein treatment.
1. Pre-shampooed with a mix of coconut and olive oil for 1 hour
2. Shampooed with Sunsilk damage reconstruction shampoo ( it's really awesome, review coming up)
3. Protein Treatment with ORS Hair Mayonnaise for 1 hour
4. Moisturising DC with Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner, olive oil, honey, glycerine and aloe vera juice for 30 mins
5. Rosemary, sage and peppermint tea rinse
5. T-shirt dried and applied gylco-lemon leave in conditioner, then sealed with castor oil and then some Tropical Hair Butter.
Put my hair in about nine braids and allowed it to air dry.
Sunday 7 September 2014
The kitchenista in me came out and I was just *dying* to play with an avocado I bought. So I decided to use it. Avocados soften and nourish the hair and scalp, offer a great moisturising treatment. It contains a little protein, vitamins A,D, E and B6 as well as magnesium, folic acid, amino acids, copper and iron, which aid in hair growth and nourishment. I bought a very ripe avo and mashed it with a potato masher. It made it very smooth and I didn't have any left over lumps in my hair. Just a few avo threads were left in my hair.
1. Pre-shampooed/ hot oil treatment with coconut oil for 1 hour.
2. Shampooed with Clicks Kids Detangling Shampoo. It's sulfate free and i'm testing it out :-)
3. Deep conditioned with a mix of half an avocado, tresemme naturals conditioner, honey, sunflower oil and african pride growth oil mix for two hours. I was watching tv and was lazy hence the two hour treatment. My hair came out super soft and strong at the same time. And it had some lovely shine to it.
4. Super rised for like 15 mins to make sure all the avocado was out.
5. Rosemary hair rinse
6. T shirt dried, then moisturised with the glyco-lemon leave in, then sealed with castor oil and the hair butter.
I must say the avocado did me justice and I will definitely be using it again. I last used avo over a year ago, so i'm keen to keep it. Just that I find myself eating the avocado each time and I forget that i'd want to use it in my hair.
|My wig and I|
How was your wash day?