Monday 18 May 2015

Hairsolutions 2015 in Review

Hey Doves!


We are 5 months into 2015 and I recall making some hairsolutions to keep my hair on point in the new year, as well as to avoid another super trim.



Source: Google images





1. Get back to armpit length
Did I attain this goal 5 months in? Stay tuned for a length check pic in the next few posts. 

2. Use an essential oil every week
Partial compliance. Thanks to my ORS Invigorating Shampoo, almost every wash had a lovely tingle from the rosemary and peppermint oils. During the weeks of February and  March I oiled my scalp at least once a week with a mix of castor oil, peppermint oil, T444Z and grapeseed oil. However as we progressed into April and May, I got less consistent with this and would oil with anything I could get my hands on.

3. Master the braid out
Total fail! Between work and life I did not even have the energy to experiment with a braid out. There are still 7 months left, the braid out must be conquered!

4. Stay on top of my ends
Honestly I haven't had a good look at them of late. But i have stayed away from heat as much as possible. Iv'e used it only 3 times the whole of this year and that was to get my weave and braids done. (Someone clap for me). But I haven't trimmed since my super cut in December. So im overdue for a trim just to ensure everything is ok.

5. Experiment less
Total success. I have stayed true to my ORS Replenishing conditioner, Dark n Lovely Ultra Cholesterol and Aquamarine green apple conditioners. Woot woot!! No funny concoctions and only ONE new oil mix that I purchased which I was just dying to try out. So I  guess there is hope for my product junkism after all.

2 and a half out of 5...hmmm thank goodness for the remaining 7 months of the year. 

Have you reviewed your hair goals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Feel free to drop a comment.