Another day, another feature. Spotlight is on Asimenye today. I met her in one of the lecture halls on campus and the moment I saw the thick fro, I had to pounce on her for a feature. *hides*. Let's hear from her.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and your hair
I'm studying economics at Unam. I've been natural for most of my life but started really taking interest in my hair some time last year after my mum made me join a group on facebook called Zedian Naturals. And my journey began.
2. Do you have a regimen? Please share it.
Mmmh it takes me an hour or more to wash my hair. I wash using tresemme naturals shampoo, then deep condition with a protein mix. My mixture contains one egg, 2 teaspoons of mayo, a drop of olive oil or coconut oil. I haven't found an essential yet. Then I put on a plastic bag for an hour or more, and after that I wash it out and add tresemme conditioner. Finally I seal with shea butter and style.
3. If you were taken to a secret destination and would only know it once you got there, what three products would you take with you?
I would get shea butter, hair pins and a band, definitely lol.
4. What is your favourite thing about your hair?
5. Do you have a motto for your hair?
The motto for my hair is healthy hair.
6. What got you interested in healthy hair care?
What got me interested is my mum's hair shoooo. I had to give it a try and it's doing wonders. Turns out I am more of a hair person than her *smiles*
7. What's the funniest or most memorable thing moment you've had when someone reacted to your hair?
I remember I was having my hair done at one of the open plan salons, and it seemed everyone that passed just wanted to touch my hair. I was so humbled, though in my heart I was saying Lord let no one touch my hair (lols).
8. Any advice for newbies?
Newbies!! Hair has different needs. What works for someone else might not work for you. Find what your hair needs and stick to it.
Thank you for your time Asimenye. Her fro has a life of its own I tell you :-)