I was having some fun with my hair before I put it in the jumbo braids. It's winter so I don't think my hair will be out that much till the mid or the end of August. Anyhoo, enjoy!
Playing in my curls as I was undoing my cornrows for wash day (sunday)
Updo on monday (7 July) :-)
This do is very simple. I worked with hair that I stretched with thread on wash day. It gave my hair a lovely texture.
You will need 3-4 bobby pins or more if needed. Setting lotion or mouse (for the braid out in front)
1. Take a front section and plait 3-5 braids. These will form the front bangs. I used leave in, ORS wrap/set mousse, sealed with castor oil, then braided the hair up. I slept with the braids in and undid them the next day for the braid out bangs.
2. Divide the rest of your hair into 3 sections. 1 bottom half and two sides in front (left and right).
3. Take the bottom half, twist it loosely and pin it up.
4. Take the left front section, twist once and pull it to the right side, making sure you cover the bottom section which was pinned up. Secure with a bobby pin.
5. Take the right front section, twist once and pull it over the left section and secure with a bobby pin. Brush the sides as needed and pull the the braid out bangs into the desired position. All done :-)