I was tagged by Uzoma of Don't Touch The Hair to participate in a Sunshine Blogger Award. (Cue party streamers, confetti, glitter and silly string. Hooray everybody!)
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and a way for readers to know a little more about me.
To accept the Sunshine Award, I have to:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to the website. So many thanks to Don't Touch The Hair!!
- Share 11 random facts about myself by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for me.
- List 11 bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the blogger who nominated me.)
- Let the 11 bloggers know I nominated them.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer
(hmm i've got a job for the last two requirements!)
Here we go!!
1. What is your favourite dessert?
I love trifle, fruit salads and yummy cakes.
2. What is your ideal vacation?
My ideal vacay would be at some luxury spa getaway at either a beach resort or a game park. And I would be pampered whilst being able to do activities like game drives, boating, scuba diving, and tours of the area. So in short, pampering and fun in nature make Bee a happy chappy.
3. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I have about two years' worth of a hair journey, reading blogs and watching youtube stored up in my head. I just felt like I have so much information that I need to share with other women esp in southern Africa about proper hair care and growing the mane we all can achieve. Like here in Namibia I have only come across 2 blogs on healthy hair care (if there are others please hala at the sister-girl, maybe i'm not looking in the right places). I just thought it would be good to be an additional source of information for my fellow ladies. In addition to that I am very hair obsessed. Blogging helps me to disseminate information, keep track of my hair more formally and of course indulge in my passion for hair. I want everyone to have Glam and Lush healthy hair!
4. What is one tip that you would give to new bloggers?
Don't be discouraged by the few blog views when you start blogging. The more you blog and socialise with other bloggers, the more people will read your blog. Remember that you are doing it for yourself and to help others, so even if only one person reads something you put out, you have helped that one person.
5. What do you like to do for fun?
I really enjoy reading, listening to music, dancing, trying new recipes, hanging with my gals, going for jolly rides ( driving with no particular destination in mind and letting the road lead you, but I enjoy being the passenger not the driver hehehehe), being outdoors (you know drives, botanical gardens/game parks, day trips to the sea..) and having a gooooood laugh. And from time to time I sew, but not as much as I used to.
6. What countries have you travelled to?
Canada (1 year) , Zimbabwe (6 years), Botswana, South Africa, Angola, Namibia (11 years) and of course Zambia (practically every year, but does this count since, i'm Zambian??). This has left me conversant in four languages (English, Shona, Afrikaans and Tonga) which i'm very proud of.
7. Android or iPhone?
8. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written?
It would have to be my deep conditioning post I really enjoyed doing it.
9. If you could go back to any moment in history, when & where would that be & why?
I would go back to my first year of university and relive it with the hindsight and insight I have now.
10. What is your favorite season?
I'm a summer kind of gal..
11. What are your top 3 hair products?
Castor oil, Dr Miracle's Curl Care Leave in Conditioner and ORS Replenishing Pak.
I would love the following questions:
1. How many languages can you speak?
2. What's your favourite part of blogging?
3. What's your least favourite part of blogging?
4. How many siblings do you have and what is your position of birth?
5. What got you interested in the subject matter you blog about?
6. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest and why?
7. How tall are you?
8. What food do you dislike?
9. What is your favourite quote?
10. What advice would you give to a younger you?
11. If you were given 1 million dollars what would you do with it?
to be answered by my nominees:
3. Everyone at Zed Hair
Please and thank you :-)