Tuesday 18 November 2014

Product Review : African Pride Olive Miracle Anti Breakage Formula Maximum Strengthening Growth Oil

Hello everybody!

I want to share my thoughts on the Olive Miracle Anti Breakage Formula Maximum Strengthening Growth Oil manufactured by African Pride. Please product manufacturers can you PUH-LEASE, please, purizi shorten your product names? Okay thanks. I understand that 1. product names are in short supply because new ones are being made everyday and 2. you want to ensure the product name reflects its properties, but it really is a mouthful. I just call it olive miracle growth oil for short. Ok, on to the review.


I bought this at Pick 'n Pay for N$ 35..it is also available at clicks, dischem (grove mall) and some supermarkets and beauty shops.


Product promise: Daily use promotes healthy hair, scalp and skin. Excellent as a hot oil treatment

How I used it: To oil my scalp, as a pre-poo, to seal my hair, as an addition to my deep conditioner and in my oil mix

Loving
  • can be used to mask other bad smelling oils
  • a lightweight oil
  • cheap
  • comes in a large bottle
  • can be used for both hair and skin
  • lasts long
  • makes hair stronger
Not so loving
  • it is quite protein heavy, so wont be good for protein sensitive hair
  • the scent can be quite overpowering
  • can be oily
My final thoughts
I really love that it comes in such a big bottle and so it lasts longer. I noticed that over use made my hair hard. Since I am natural, im guessing relaxed sisters and those whose hair just eats up protein would love it. I also didn't like how strong the scent is. I used to use it to dilute my castor oil and make it smell better. So if you have an oil or oil mix that does not smell too good, you can definitely use it to mask the smell. My hair and new growth felt stronger with use and my scalp was never dry. The only things I didnt use it for are the hot oil treatment and as a skin oil, maybe next time. I keep this in rotation but I would not say it's a staple.


Ingredients: soybean oil, olive fruit oil, wheat germ oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, vitamins B2, A, D, E, K, and potassium, flaxseed oil, horsetail extract, silk amino acids, wheat protein, soybean protein, hydrolyzed oat protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol, phenyl trimethicone, D&C yellow 11, D&C green #6, TBHQ, propylparaben, fragrance, lanolin oil, c12-c14 alkyl benzoate

Have you used this oil before? What was your experience with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Feel free to drop a comment.