Tuesday 5 August 2014

GlamLush hair - Winnie

Hey Doves


I'm back at school so my blogging schedule will not be as frequent as before, but I promise to put out at least one post a week. 

I have another lovely lady to feature. This is Winnie, she has been my friend since way back in primary school! She was relaxed, went natural and is now relaxed again. I just love how strong and thick her hair is...always! Anyway let me let her do most of the talking :-)

1. Tell us a little about yourself and your hair.
Hello:-)  My name is Winnie, I'm 22 years old and I'm a student at the University of Namibia. My hobbies include reading, drawing and spending time with family and friends. I have type 4c hair which is known to be the thickest and kinkiest hair type, lol.
                
                           


2. Do you have a regimen? Please share it.
Most of the time my hair is locked in braids and twists. When I remove the braids I like to treat my hair with hair mayonnaise (organic root stimulator preferably), it smells great. The best investment on your hair is conditioner and oils of your choice. I'm not a fan of combs so I minimize the number of times I use them. When it comes to styling I avoid accessories that may make my scalp suffer. 
           

3. If you were told you would be taken to a secret destination and would only know it once you got there, what three products would you take?
Definitely jojoba oil, coconut oil and hair mayonnaise:-)  

4. What is your favourite thing about your hair?
I'm particularly grateful for my hair's thick texture.

Braid out on relaxed hair

5. Do you have a motto for your hair?
Lol, actually, I've never thought about this and I've stuck to the famous 'nappy hair don't care'.
                       
                            


6. What's the funniest or most memorable moment you've had when someone reacted to your hair?
When I still had natural hair I was perplexed by the ignorance of a young man who exclaimed, 'Wow, I had no idea afros could be soft and clean!' after inspecting my hair.

7. Any advice for newbies about healthy hair care?                                                                    When growing your hair avoid weaves as much as possible, especially full head weaves because they put strain on your hairline. Also avoid heat and opt for rollers or flexi-rods. Most importantly, do not become a product junkie!!

   

Thank you for your time!

Gosh, the 'I didn't know afro's could be so soft and clean!' caught me off guard... All I could do was laugh for some time..and then shake my head in disbelief. Ayayai! 

2 comments:

I love hearing from you! Feel free to drop a comment.