I finally undid my hair over the weekend and I miiiiiiiiiiisssed it! So I decided to pamper it and try out something new, a flexi rod set!
So I rubbed some olive oil on my braids and let that sit for a while, I started undoing them. It took me about three hours because I was detangling as I went. Once I undid a braid I would coat it with a mix of olive oil, sunflower oil and coconut oil, detangle with my fingers and then move on to my next braid. When a section was complete I twisted it up and moved on.
1. I pre-pooed for two nights (friday evening and saturday evening). So I only had the wash to do on sunday.
2. Shampooed with ORS Invigorating Shampoo- y'all know I love this stuff!
3. T-shirt dried for 15 to 20 mins then applied my deep conditioner, a mix of ORS Hairepair Nourishing Conditioner, Aquamarine Green Apple Conditioner, olive oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil and aloe vera. Detangled with my wide tooth comb, i had a few tangles, but nothing I could not handle.
4. Applied heat , then put on my heating cap to preserve the heat and let my hair marinate for an hour.
|Four weeks' worth of shed hair|
Oh mi gosh!! I'm so never doing smaller sized braids or twists again, jumbo braids are the truth, my shedding after 4 weeks was soo minimal I was so shocked. #winning!!
|The shrinkage is real!|
5. Rinsed out the condish..I'm beginning fear that my hair will one day turn on me and not be so soft each time I DC! lol. I'm loving the soft fluffy hair each week.
6. T-shirt dried for about 30 mins..then I let the hair air dry till it was 50% dry before I started with the flexis and my leave ins.
7. Applied my Dr Miracle's Curl Care leave in, some ORS wrap/set mousse and then some castor oil to seal. I Then took a smaller toothed comb and detangled once more to make the hair sleek and smooth.
I'm so not comfortable with small toothed combs, I later switched to my wide tooth comb when I reached the crown and front of my hair.
8. Twisted the hair twice around the end of the rod to secure and then spiralled my hair. When I reached the base of the section, I secured the rest of the end around the base to keep it in place.
Always remember to keep the hair taut as you twirl.
I had THE most restless night ever, which earned me a stiff and sore neck!! It's a wonder, I even managed a dream. Ayas, I think I will do my rods in the mornings so that by evening, the hair is dry and I can just wrap it in a silk scarf. The things we do for beauty smh!
The big reveal will be tomorrow or later today. I have to go off to school.
How was your wash day?