Friday 20 June 2014

Product Review: ORS Hairepair Invigorating Shampoo and Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo

Hi Doves!

Yes im back, done with exams. I hope you enjoyed my scheduled posting whilst I was away
Now before I talk about my hair and give an update, i've really been wanting to share my experiences with the ORS Hairepair Invigorating Shampoo and Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo. So i'm coming to you with a 2-in-1 review.

Let's start with the aussie

Aussie Moist Miracle Shampoo



I bought it at Clicks, Wernhill Mall on special for 64 Namibian Dollars (US $6.40). It normally retails for about 74 if i'm not mistaken.

Product Promise:
With Australian Macadamia Nut Oil. It's a miracle (well kind of) not like child birth or a solar eclipse, but our formula with Australian Macadamia Nut Oil infuses moisture into dry damaged hair helping to condition and smooth. Moisture Infuser.

Directions:
Drench your hair with water. Massage shampoo deeply into scalp and root. Take a deep breath and enjoy the delicious smell. Rinse out. For Best results use with Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner.

Ingredients:
Aqua, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamodopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, sodium citrate, cocamide MEA sodium xylenesulfonate, parfum, citric acid, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, guar hydrochloric acid, alpha-isomethyl ionone, magnesium nitrate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, macademia ternifolia seed oil, cl 19140, methylchloroisothiazolinone, magnesium chloride, cl 17200, methylisothiazolinone, ascorbic acid, sodium sulfite, potassium sorbate.

My thoughts
Well initially was drawn to it cause a lot of ladies were raving about how soft and moisturised it made their hair feel especially for a sulfate shampoo. The ingredients threw me off a little cause there are so many which I could not even begin to imagine what their function is (sodium xylenesulfonate ????), but the aloe and macademia nut oil comforted me. So i've used it about three times. Once without diluting it and twice diluted with water.... This shampoo left my hair clean but it felt so rough and dry even though I had pre-shampooed each time, and after I even diluted it. Left my hair craving a dc. For a product that says moisture infuser, it really did the opposite for me. It's just way too stripping, drying and roughening for my liking. Other ladies have had success with it, maybe it's their hair type or hair porosity that agrees with it? I don't know. It smells really nice and bubblegummy, lathers well, but I certainly won't be repurchasing it. I even stopped using it. The search for my perfect sulfate shampoo continues..

ORS Hairepair Invigorating Shampoo


I bought this from Clicks, Wernhill Mall for 69 dollars ( about US $6.90)

Product promise:
ORS Hairepair Invigorating Shampoo is sulfate free and perfectly blended with mint, rosemary and other ingredients to moisturise hair and refresh the scalp as it cleans.

Directions:
Wet hair thoroughly. Apply to hair and work into a rich lather. Rinse hair and repeat shampoo, leaving on hair 2-3 minutes. Rinse hair thoroughly and and towel dry. Condition with ORS hairepair nourishing conditioner.

Ingredients:
Aqua (water) sodium c14-16 olefin sulfonate, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, cocamidopropyl betaine, polyquartenium-7, cocamide MEA, glycerine, hydrolyzed keratin, dimethicone, rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract,  mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olea europea (olive) fruit oil,  coco glucoside, glycerine oleate, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, polyquarternium 10, glycol distearate,  guar hydropropyl trimonuim chloride, parfum (fragrance),  benzyl benzoate, lilial, d-limonene, linalool, lyral, dmdm hydantoin, menthol, citric acid, disodium edta, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

My thoughts:
 Firstly I love the smell, it's a sweet, minty , herbal smell that is not overpowering. It lathers like a dream for a sulfate free shampoo. The consistency is very thick. So when you get to the bottom of the bottle (like me) you will have to tilt it on its head when you store it. Otherwise you will wait forever and a day for it to pour out, that's the one drawback. I am also not too happy that it contains dimethicone (a silicone) in it as a sulfate-free shampoo. That means I have to make sure I stay on top of my clarifying. But that's okay for me. A little goes a very long way. I purchased this in November of 2013 and in June 2014 i'm STILL using it. I have about 3 cm of the bottom of the bottle still left, that will last me about another 3 washes at least. Now my hair feels so soft and moisturised whenever I use it. I'm even tempted not to dc afterwards..but let's not go there. And most of all you actually see the dirt coming off in the shampoo suds. It has a pleasant tingle from the rosemary and mint oils. I really think that has also contributed to my growth. For the amount of money it's worth and the duration of time i've used it, this is definitely a keeper. The smooth, soft and moisturised hair is such a plus. My hair feels clean even when I use it after pre-shampooing.  Another great one from ORS, it's my staple sulfate free shampoo.

Have you tried any of these two before? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Nice review. I saw the ORS in a supermarket and made a mental note to find out more about it. Thanks for this. I'd love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Love that shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made numerous nice ideas there. I done a search on the issue and learnt nearly all peoples will agree with your blog.

    shampoo manufacturers in delhi

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Feel free to drop a comment.