Hope you are all well. I don't post my wash days that often , but I think I will from now on.
Anyways this wash day was very aloe vera themed for some reason. It just "happened" to me, I kid you not.
1. Finger detangled and pre-shampooed with a mix of olive oil and coconut oil. Turned it into a hot oil treatment by covering with a plastic bag and using heat for about 15-20 mins.
2. I was having some trouble retaining moisture so I knew it was time to clarify my hair, seeing as I hadn't clarified for 4 weeks. Clarified with Protein Feed Strengthening Shampoo diluted with water. Initial thoughts..it's okay.
3. Deep conditioned with a mix of Tresemme Thermal Recovery (ran out of tresemme naturals, I like this one as well), a tablespoon of ORS Hair Mayonnaise for a bit of protein, two aloe vera cubes and a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Plastic bag on and used heat.
My hair is fine, meaning the width of the strands is thin. So I need more doses of protein more often than people with thicker hair strands.
This was also a lazy wash day. So after using the heat from the blow dryer, I put a towel in the microwave for 2 mins. When it was nice and toasty, I put it over my plastic bag. Then I put another grocery bag over that to preserve the heat. My head was soooo nice and warm. I only rinsed it out 4 hours l later when I realised wash day was not going to complete itself.
|Four hours later..before rinsing out.|
4. Rinsed out the DC. Hair >>> lovely, light and fluffy. Did my peppermint, sage, apple cider vinegar and aloe cube tea rinse. I just thought of adding the aloe on a whim.
5. T-shirt dried for 15 mins, then air dried for another 15 or so mins. Applied Dr Miracle's Leave in, followed by some aloe vera gel I found lying around in my hair product stand (I told you it was very aloe themed), and sealed with castor oil.
It's been about a week since I washed my hair. I washed it last friday. Well my hair has remained nice, soft and moisturised. Aloe themed wash day was a mega hit. I may do it more often..we'll see. In other news, I finally found my beloved pink wide toothed comb which has been lost for over a month. It's seamless and works like a dream. *Happy dance*